We’re looking for a Data Analyst Manager to join our data team.
We explore how people feel, think and act in the media, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. We uncover the human stories that lie within, around and between the data, bringing clarity to the most complex problems.
If you think you’d be a great fit for the role, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected], with ‘Data Analyst Manager’ in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 24th September
As a trusted and inspiring representative of the Tapestry brand you will be delivering on the more advanced and data-led aspects of research studies, managing and coaching team members and developing entirely new approaches and techniques.
This is an advanced analytics role but, of course, that can mean many things. For this role, it means being at the slightly wilder edge of data analysis and being involved in problems that involved exploration and application of multiple techniques before we align on the ideal solution. Often it will involve starting with a blank piece of paper and throwing many approaches at a problem before you find the one that can crack it wide open.
This might see you using SEM to figure out the underlying system behind a decision, using latent class modelling to essentially combine drivers analysis with segmentation or fusing data across many surveys to build a full picture of a market. It might also mean working with non-survey data to identify patterns and insight, then combining it or fusing it to survey data to figure out why the patterns are present.
There will be more bread-and-butter segmentations and driver analysis studies – we do loads of those! – but the person for this role has to have the ability, curiosity and desire to go beyond the typical market research statistics.
The ideal candidate will share our company values, will be self-motivated and someone who takes their own development seriously. There is huge room for development and many opportunities for growth in the direction you choose.
- Leading the most advanced analytics elements of our studies, from consulting with and questioning the research team and the client on their objectives then choosing and applying the techniques which best deliver against those objectives
- Working with more junior members of the team to push the analysis as far as it can go, finding and delivering the right solution while respecting both internal and external deadlines
- Explaining, reporting or presenting the most advanced elements of studies, ensuring the approach and insight is understood clearly and cleanly – simplifying the complex, essentially
- You’ll help us work on responses to clients’ briefs, particularly the more advanced elements, ensuring our proposals highlight our analytical capabilities while also remaining coherent, concise and compelling overall
- Managing and mentoring more junior team members, ensuring the high quality of their work and helping them in their progression
- Working with the Director of Advanced Analytics, you’ll also help to push us further as a company, identifying new techniques and approaches then working to ensure they become part of the toolkit across the entire company
- Able to identify with the Tapestry values, you will be enthusiastic, highly curious with a tenacious mindset.
- You should have a strong background in advanced data analysis within a market research environment or at least a very similar field. Ideally you’ll have worked within an agency for 3+ years, and be able to demonstrate a strong track record of using the most advanced techniques to directly address client objectives
- Be able to take a novel approach to situations, while being pragmatic and driven as required
- A genuine interest in the world around you – people, their behaviours and culture.
- A background in maths, statistical techniques or data science, with educational achievements to match
- Advanced and comprehensive knowledge of (and extensive experience of using) R and/or Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and powerfully on point.
- Strong eye for detail, consistently produces work to exacting standards.
Rewards and benefits
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 PA (dependent on experience)
You will be part of the Tapestry team and benefit from everything we offer. This includes our pension scheme, the company bonus structure and subsidised gym membership. You’ll be working with the entire team, including the joint managing directors, and have the chance to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
Everyone should strive to be an ambassador for Tapestry, driving the business forward and building relationships with our clients.
To do this we aim to be the following at all times, regardless of whether we are working with our clients or each other.
- Inventive: We solve interesting problems in interesting ways. We’re always looking to improve our – and our clients’ – understanding of people. We will combine new approaches, techniques or technology to simplify the most complex of issues.
- Curious: We are, frankly, a little bit nosey. We want to know what’s happening in the world and why it happens the way it does. We’re driven by finding the hidden insights and truths that lie in the gaps between data, real humans and our clients’ business.
- Personable: We are good people to work with. We seek to build long term relationships with team members, research partners and clients. We are always approachable, enthusiastic, flexible and down to earth.
- Smart: We like to know things and share our knowledge with others. We go deep into topics and get to the essential truth of the matter, for the benefit of ourselves and our clients. We’re not afraid to challenge our clients or ourselves, and always welcome challenging to our own thinking.
- Dedicated: We want to do everything really well. We will use the talent across the company and bring in the smartest research partners to ensure we deliver something that exceeds expectations.
- Supportive: We don’t run away. We’ll be with you for as long as you need us, providing you with guidance, advice and direction whenever it’s required. We do this by working collaboratively, listening to input from all sides and keeping everyone updated on our progress.
Tapestry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.