We’re looking for an experienced Research Manager, hoping to step up to Associate Director in the next 12 months, or an Associate Director who has already proven they have the necessary leadership skills to start working towards a Director level position.
We explore how people feel, think and act in the media, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. We uncover the human stories that lie within, around and between the data, bringing clarity to the most complex problems.
If you think you’d be a great fit for the role, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected], with ‘RM/AD’ in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 16th July
You’ll be a trusted and inspiring representative of the Tapestry brand and will be delivering on all core aspects of research studies, managing and coaching team members and maintaining close control over projects. You’ll also be asked to focus on a particular aspect of the wider business to help Tapestry continue to expand.
You will work on a wide variety of projects for our clients. Our customers know us for our tenacious attitude and high quality output that provides clear answers and understanding to their research questions; as such, you will have a strong aptitude in delivering and presenting strong insights.
The ideal candidate will share our company values, will be self-motivated and someone who takes their own development seriously. The role will develop overtime, and so will the opportunities open to you.
- Leading core aspects of our studies, applying the different research methodologies and approaches we offer, choosing and combining those which best tackle specific objectives
- Responsibility and autonomy on day-to-day client needs and project tasks. Ensuring studies run seamlessly from start to finish
- Managing and mentoring more junior team members, ensuring the high quality of their work and helping them in their progression
- You’ll help us work on responses to clients’ briefs, digging into market themes and knowledge to ensure that our project proposals are relevant and informed by as much context as possible
- Bringing this same level of knowledge and context to bear, you’ll write questionnaires and project plans to make sure that we are asking the most relevant questions
- You will play a major part in writing reports for our clients. Working with the entire project team to identify the themes and insights from a study
- You will attend client meetings, present studies and start developing exceptional client relationships
- You will support the team and help to ensure the wider business success by working flexibly and supportively to deliver work in accordance with the needs of Tapestry.
- Able to identify with the Tapestry values, you will be enthusiastic, highly curious with a tenacious mindset.
- You should have a strong background in quantitative market research (or similar field), ideally having worked in a quantitative agency environment (with at least two years being at Research Manager or higher) where you’ve proved yourself as a trusted client advisor
- Holding experience of managing people, supporting them to deliver client work to a high standard and in accordance with deadlines.
- Excellent client and project management skills, with the proven ability to plan and manage complex programmes of work, coordinating with other more junior members of the team.
- Be able to take a novel approach to situations, being pragmatic and driven
- A genuine interest in the world around you – people, their behaviours and culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and powerfully on point, with experience of presenting to clients
- Strong eye for detail, consistently produces work to exacting standards.
Rewards and benefits
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 PA (dependent on experience)
You will be part of the Tapestry team and benefit from everything we offer. This includes our pension scheme, the company bonus structure and subsidised gym membership. You’ll be working with the entire team, including the joint managing directors, and have the chance to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
Everyone should strive to be an ambassador for Tapestry, driving the business forward and building relationships with our clients.
To do this we aim to be the following at all times, regardless of whether we are working with our clients or each other.
- Inventive: We solve interesting problems in interesting ways. We’re always looking to improve our – and our clients’ – understanding of people. We will combine new approaches, techniques or technology to simplify the most complex of issues.
- Curious: We are, frankly, a little bit nosey. We want to know what’s happening in the world and why it happens the way it does. We’re driven by finding the hidden insights and truths that lie in the gaps between data, real humans and our clients’ business.
- Personable: We are good people to work with. We seek to build long term relationships with team members, research partners and clients. We are always approachable, enthusiastic, flexible and down to earth.
- Smart: We like to know things and share our knowledge with others. We go deep into topics and get to the essential truth of the matter, for the benefit of ourselves and our clients. We’re not afraid to challenge our clients or ourselves, and always welcome challenging to our own thinking.
- Dedicated: We want to do everything really well. We will use the talent across the company and bring in the smartest research partners to ensure we deliver something that exceeds expectations.
- Supportive: We don’t run away. We’ll be with you for as long as you need us, providing you with guidance, advice and direction whenever it’s required. We do this by working collaboratively, listening to input from all sides and keeping everyone updated on our progress.
Tapestry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.